Dr. Ernst routinely conducts psychological testing as a component of his forensic evaluations. He may additionally be retained to conduct psychological testing to inform forensic psychiatry opinions. In this role, Dr. Ernst collaborates with a forensic psychiatrist to understand the critical psycho-legal issues involved in a case and to carefully select psychological tests. He provides a concise and highly understandable report which may serve as one of several bases of the forensic psychiatrist’s expert opinions.
Dr. Ernst utilizes a broad range of psychological tests which are commonly administered in forensic evaluations. The major areas of testing include:
- Diagnostic Testing
- Personality Testing
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Assessment of Malingering
- Assessment of Violence Risk
- Assessment of Suicide Risk
- Assessment of Civil and Criminal Competencies
- Assessment of Mental State at the Time of an Offense
- Assessment of Psychosomatic Disorders and Chronic Pain
Upon request, Dr. Ernst makes himself available to testify regarding his psychological testing findings.